Friday 17 May 2013

WBL


Bought this counter in Jan 2012 at an average price of $3.22 and kept till now.  I have just accepted UE's offer of $4.50 /share.  My original plan was to keep till it's at least $5/share.  I was expecting this figure because I believe both Straits Trading and Great Eastern Group won't give up control easily. Unfortunately I was wrong. Straits Trading throw in the towels.
At one point, it was trading at $4.70/share. I didn't even consider exit at that price.  Now I have to settle for $4.50/share.  Considering that I kept this share for about 17 months, my total return is about 39%, and the yield works out to be about 2.29% per month.  Is it a great investment?  Depending on what I am comparing with.  For idle cash sitting in the bank for less than 1% per annum.  Yes, it's great.  However if we compare to some business that sell their inventory for at least 20% margin, it's just too little to be proud of.  However, since I am getting a divident yield of below 10% per annum for all the other stocks that I invested. I should be contented with this result.  I will have to look for something else of good value to reinvest my cash proceeds.   

No comments:

Post a Comment